The Balule Private Nature Reserve was created ten years ago when a few enterprising farm owners decided to drop the game fences between their farms. This has since grown into a 35.000-ha private nature reserve with the perennial Olifants River flowing for approximately 20 km through the centre of the reserve.
Balule is undergoing continuous expansion as other landowners join the initiative to become incorporated into the Greater Kruger National Park Management Area. The 'Big Five' roam freely in the game reserve.
Balule Private Nature Reserve lodges are family friendly. The lodges pride themselves on their exceptional service and hospitality, and some of them are willing to tailor make the schedule of activities to suit you.
Top 5 Safari Activities in Balule:
- Game drives in open vehicle
- Bush walks with Shangaan tracker
- White water rafting in the Blyde River Canyon
- Night drives to spot nocturnal animals
- Learn more about Vultures at the Vulture Feeding Programme