Mowana Game Farm
Mowana Self-catering Chalets is situated in a safe and electrified fenced game farm 10 km outside Tzaneen on the (R71) Phalaborwa/Kruger National Park road in the sub-tropical Limpopo Province. Mowana Game farm is a Private Game Farm mainly catering for nature, game and bird lovers.This is the ideal holiday and overnight accommodation for couples, families, tourists and representatives, amidst lots of indigenous trees and abundant bird and wildlife. As we donâ€™t allow hunting on the premises the animals are relaxed and tame. We do not really cater for the commercial market.We offer cozy thatch roofed self-catering chalets each with its own distinctive lay out, character and own private braai / lapa. The chalets are about 50 meters apart, which will ensure your privacy, but not to far from each other if you are a party of more than four, and want to book more than one chalet.All the chalets are fully furnished open plan units with bathroom, sleeping-, lounge-, dining- and kitchen area. Each chalet sleeps four people with one double bed and the lounge sofas can be converted into two very comfortable single beds. Each chalet is fully fitted with all linen and towels. The kitchen is fitted with a microwave, two-plate stove, fridge/freezer, crockery, cutlery, kettle, toaster etc.All the chalets are fully air-conditioned. We donâ€™t want to disturb the tranquility and peaceful atmosphere. Therefore there is No TV available in the chalets. We are really sorry but NO SMOKING and NO PETS are aloud inside the chalets and rooms.All the chalets have a wonderful view over the dam with a wide variety of birds to look at and game strolling around. ( Eg. Sable antelope, Eland, Giraffe, Kudu, Nyala, Zebra, Waterbuck, Blue wildebeest, Warthog, Impala, Blesbuck, Bushbuck, Duiker, Wild boars, Ostrich, Jackal, Servet cats, Bush babies, etc.)There are also self catering rooms available in our small Country Guest House on the same property. All the rooms are situated near the pool and braai aria, with a beautiful view overlooking the lowveld and the majestic Wolkberg Mountains.The following services and activities are available to our guests.
- Friendly daily cleaning services by our well trained staff,
- One bundle free firewood per day are included in the daily rates.
- We offer safe walking trails with game following you.
- Game drives can be arranged in a Game Viewer
- Only one dam to catch and release from by prior arrangement with management.
- We also offer a unique open â€œBush Braaiâ€ facility, where guests can make a huge bonfire , and really experience the bush veldt atmosphere. Here families , groups or businesses can enjoy a relaxing bush braai or informal function, while watching the game walking by. ( From 8 up to 100 people can be accommodated )
- Mowana Game Farm can be used as a base for daily visits to many tourism destinations nearby, eg. Debangeni Waterfalls, Baobab Bar, Elephant rides, Cheetah and Lion project, Echo Caves, Pelgrimsrest, Graskop, Kruger National Park, etc.
- There is a Restaurant and Ladies bar at the entrance to Mowana Game Farm.
- The Tzaneen-Airfield is only 10 Km from Mowana Game Farm, and pickup can be arranged.
Rates from ZAR 780 to ZAR 980
Elephant Back Safaris
Linen and Towels Provided
Tea and Coffee in Room
Non Smoking Rooms