Media Liaison Officer
Limpopo Tourism Agency (LTA) is a Schedule 3C PFMA public entity that inter alia has the mandate to market the province as a tourist destination, market provincial tourism products
and facilities, and develop and implement a marketing strategy for tourism. LTA as an environment that encourages innovation, creativity and self-management, has the following challenging position at their Head Office in Polokwane. Limpopo Tourism Agency is an equal opportunity employer committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity as well as employment equity. WOMEN and PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES are encouraged to apply.
Post : Media Liaison Officer
Ref No. : 001/23
Salary : R481 347 (Total cost to Company Salary including benefits: Not Negotiable).
Reporting : The Position reports to the Corporate Communications Manager
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POST
• Grade 12
• Degree/ National Diploma in Journalism/ Public Relations / Communications
• Drivers’ licence (Code EB)
• 5 years in a communications position
• Knowledge of Computer programmes– Microsoft word, excel, power point
• Understanding of at least four provincial languages
• 5 years experience in digital communication platforms
• Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, etc.)
• Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital
campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
To render media liaison services for the Agency
DUTIES OF THE POST
Media liaison duties:
• Manage strategic relationships between the Agency and internal and external stakeholdersand communicating the strategic projects and programmes
• Responsible for all media liaison, drafting media statements, setting up media briefings
• Drafting speeches for the Board and the CEO Prepare content for media liaison through research and collation of official position of matters from documentation, Board members, and management
• Provide technical support to media briefing sessions
• Arrange critical interviews of relevant Board members and the media
• Provide organisational and technical support to media conferences
• Share information during management meetings
• Act as a spokesperson of LTA In order to ensure the provision of media liaison services
Promotion of LTA in digital platforms
• Social media liaison: developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of tourists through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and Instagram.
• Search engine optimisation (SEO): developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by achieving high-ranking placements in search results
• Pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns: sponsored online advertising paid for by the Agency to appear alongside non-paid search results
• Mobile promotion: app-based, in-game, location-based and SMS marketing
• Create platform to allow tourism entrepreneurs (affiliates) to promote products / services / destinations on the Agency’s website
• Create and upload copy and images for the Agency’s website
• Research new online media opportunities that may benefit the Agency, including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums
• Design website banners and assist with web visuals
• Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
• Manage the contact database and assist with lead generation activities
• Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
• Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion
• Edit and post videos, podcasts and audio content to online sites of the entity
• Arrange webinars and webcasts
• Work on printed material to supplement online products
In order to ensure the provision of services in the digital platforms Perform any other related duties as directed by Corporate Communications Manager
Applications, together with a concise CV, certified copies of certificates and ID copy can be hand delivered at ERF 92/688, Portion 2, Southern Gateway EXT 4, N1 Main Road, Polokwane or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer. This post is a readvertisement and applicants who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply. No faxed applications will be considered.
All general enquiries should be directed to Mr. Chris Ramoshaba at 082 566 4102
Closing Date: 10 July 2023
PLEASE NOTE: Appointable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks- (Verification of qualifications and criminal record checks)
If you do not receive any response within three months, please accept that your application was not successful. The entity reserves the right not to make any appointment to this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.